|Project by ChuckV||posted 402 days ago||1279 views||4 times favorited||21 comments|
I made this end table using a plan from Woodsmith. This was my first real break from the “rectilinear world”. For that part, I am glad that I had the plan.
The cherry is from a batch that I bought last year on CraigsList. I bought about 110 bf that was all from the same tree. It was good to have a thick chunk for the legs and the bowed drawer fronts. Here, you can see how I laid out the legs in order for them to be rift sawn, which I believe is also referred to as “bastard grain”.
Here are some of the components and then the main glue-up.
Here are the resulting drawer openings.
This is what the drawer fronts looked like before trimming and cutting on the band saw.
I finished the table with Danish Oil, dewaxed shellac and satin polyurethane.
-- "I hope that women never find out about duct tape. Once they do, men will no longer serve any useful purpose." - Dave Barry