|Project by kenn||posted 05-09-2012 05:24 AM||1984 views||9 times favorited||11 comments|
I’ve needed to get organized and quit laying my sharp lathe tools on the bed, potentially dinging their edges. So I took a few hours and made this tool rack. It is made from scraps and extra pieces I had around, mostly poplar with some pine and maple. I painted it with milk paint, pumpkin, and rubbed it out with steel wool. Then a few coats of BLO and Danish Oil and I hung it up on a french cleat. The last picture shows the previous system of disorganization. I made sure I had a few extra spots for some additioal tools but I’m in real good shape already. I used some wrought head nails on the shelf, mostly because I wanted to try them out. Thanks for looking.
-- Every cloud has a silver lining