|Project by darkhollow||posted 05-07-2012 06:23 PM||1804 views||5 times favorited||15 comments|
Not quite spoons:
1) Musical Spoons, Cherry, 12”long. Inspired by an old story of a group of Chinese brothers, each of which had an unusual skill. One’s talent was the ability to inhale an ocean and hold it in his mouth.
2) three more Musical Spoons, Cherry, 12” long. A fiddle head, an actual head (which many folks believed was modeled after Michael Jordan) and a Dragon which has been interpreted as: a Hog, a Dog, a Rabbit and a Cow.
3) Wedding Spoons, black walnut, 1” across the bowl. These are a traditional piece, stemming from Scandinavian, Welsh, Celtic and African traditions. They are meant to symbolize the two being one.
4) Measuring Spoons, apple, spoon length 6 1/2 inches. These are carved from one piece of Apple, and each spoon measures accurately. the trick to this is to make them a little bigger that needed, fill them with flour measured to the desired amount, and then trim the top of the bowl down to the level of the flour.
5) Creamer, Spalted Maple Burl, 5” long
6) Bird bowl, American Holly, 12” long
-- You say Luddite like it's a bad thing ...