|Project by spike||posted 05-03-2012 04:06 PM||1044 views||9 times favorited||3 comments|
Came up with a new way to easily hang frames or anything for that matter on a wall. Hope you get the gist of what I did through my description.
1. Nail two wall hangers on the back of your frame
2. Take small finish nails and pound them in between the two teeth of each hanger you want the frame to hang on. Leave the nails stick proud of the hanger at least 1/8”
3. Cut the heads of the nails off so they are a tad longer that the hangers.
4. Mark the center on top of the frame.
5. Place a mark on the wall where you want the top center of the frame to hang.
6. Hold the frame on the wall in the desired location and level the frame
7. Without moving the frame or with the help of another person, place your hands approximately over the frame where the hangers are located.
8. Press the frame gently against the wall. The trim nails will embed in the wall marking where you need to pound in the nails to hang the frame
9. Remove trim nails from frame with needle nose plyers
10. Pound nails in wall and hang the frame
I did this last night and hung two things perfectly centered on the wall and perfectly level in five minutes. No more measuring over and over with horrid results…easy as pie.
Frame is made from scrap cherry and painted with satin spray paint. Made it deeper to mimic a shadow box.
PS My wife is and always will be the most gorgeous woman alive as you can see in the pic.