|Project by dspahn||posted 04-25-2012 11:49 PM||1059 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
Seam ripper for my mom. And not one of those kit seam rippers. I removed the plastic handle from a Clover ripper (my mom’s preferred brand), and glued it into the center of the handle.
This was more difficult than it looked because things kept coming unglued, even though I used a dowel to join the end caps to the main body. And then when I drilled out the cap, I didn’t get it dead on center, so it didn’t join with the tenon quite right. But eventually, with a lot of patience, and more sanding than I care to admit, I got it to come together nicely.
Cocobolo ends, with tulipwood in the middle, sanded to 400 grit, and finished with a mixture of mineral oil and beeswax.