|Project by Chris Davis||posted 04-23-2012 10:56 AM||4055 views||3 times favorited||5 comments|
This is a new design for my murphy bed. I started with my Templeton and changed it to more of a mission style. I took the arch off the front and made them straight across. I then added mission style crown and base molding.
The stain finish gave me a little problems. I usually send out a sample as I did with this one. The customer had other items that we stained Red Oak by Minwax. The samples I kept sending kept being too light (see example) Between the customer and I we decided to make it a shade or two and just finish it out without a new sample. I ended up dying the wood before I stained it. Here is an email I received from the contractor:
Just wanted to write to say we’ve completed the Murphy bed installation. Your shipment arrived in perfect condition (and, I’ll say, the shipping company YRC was just excellent to work with).
We want to thank you for all the kind attention you showed to our order to get the color staining the way we wanted it. It turned out perfect! All the parts fit together like a glove. The mattress is of excellent quality and is a real value. I’d recommend your customers give serious consideration to ordering the mattress with the bed.
I’d recommend your company to anyone without qualification.
B. Rawlinson & C. DePaoli
-- Watch live video from our shop. http://www.wwbeds.com/#!current-projects/c3c1