|Project by nick85||posted 04-09-2012 01:56 AM||800 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
For my second lathe project, I made a squatty pot inlaid with a steel rod that I bent, soldered, and coated with a copper patina. I like the shape of it, and the zebrawood turned much easier than the black palm, but I couldn’t quite reach far enough inside to hollow it out. I made a hook-knife out of some 1/2” steel bar and ground the end to a sharp chisel point, but that didn’t get me much farther….
Another problem I had was that I only had hot glue on hand, and when it came time to try to make the metal ring flush with the wood, it heated up and began separating. I attribute that mishap to my cheap/laziness for not buying some epoxy… =S
-- "I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."