LumberJocks

Eggs and Cups

  • Advertise with us
Project by TDSpade posted 04-08-2012 06:01 AM 915 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch

About three weeks ago I turned the small egg from the same mystery wood, that I turned my mallet from. Small egg finished with ca. I then glued up three blanks one maple, one red oak, and one from some other kind of oak.

I turned the second larger egg from the maple blank, stained with minwax red oak stain, and spray on polyurethane. The glue seams really show up on the maple egg. Any advice on how to avoid this.

Instead of turning the two oak blanks into eggs, I decided to turn egg cups out of them. Finished them with blo and spray on polyurethane. I didn’t wait for the blo to finish drying before spraying the on polyurethane. It was over a week before the cups weren’t tacky to the touch. Live and learn.

-- For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert.





1 comment so far

View BarbS's profile

BarbS

2434 posts in 2772 days


#1 posted 04-08-2012 07:19 PM

Those look good. They’d make nice display pieces of different varieties of wood.

-- http://barbsid.blogspot.com/

Have your say...

You must be signed in to post the comments.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase