|Project by JL7||posted 03-31-2012 01:58 AM||12426 views||73 times favorited||53 comments|
Well it’s been almost a year since I started working on this, and I suppose that lot’s of you are tired of looking at it in my blog…...here. But I finally got the chisel mallet done today – which was a cutoff from the front vice chop – so it’s time to call it a project…..... Like everything else in the shop, it will probably evolve….....
First off – I appreciate all the advice and inspiration I got from fellow LJ’s to build this – Could not have done this without you!
The quick specs:
- Hard Maple Bowling Lane re-purposed with Jatoba accents.
- Extruded Aluminum base using Parker (IPS) shapes – similar to 80/20 material.
- Industrial strength casters with adjustable rubber feet.
- Veritas Twin Screw vice lined in leather
- Grizzly front vice with leather on the chop.
- Two removable tool tills – one on the front and one on the end.
- Matching dogs and mallet…......plus the pencil holder :) All from the bench scraps.
- Hard Maple flooring for the floating shelf at the bottom.
- Finish is Turpetine – BLO and Beewax – more info here – great stuff!
It’s was a big challenge for me and very well worth it! It is the center of my shop…..........
Thanks for looking.
-- Jeff .... Minnesota, USA