|Project by Rick Sergi||posted 03-28-2008 01:44 AM||3540 views||41 times favorited||13 comments|
For Christmas, I decided to make several serving trays to give as gifts out of various woods I had around the shop. Construction of all the trays included “lock-mitered” corners with keys made of holly, integrated handles, and a floating solid-wood base. Final size was 14” x 22” and I used polyurethane to finish them to maximize their durability. Each tray was unique in the combination of woods used so I ended up with quite a variety:
- Padauk sides with spalted maple base.
- Bolivian Rosewood (Morado) sides with myrtle base.
- Wenge sides with zebrawood base.
- Padauk sides with lacewood base.
- Walnut sides with oak base.
-- Rick Sergi - Bethlehem, PA