|Project by bradadsit||posted 03-28-2012 07:22 PM||4140 views||43 times favorited||17 comments|
This is my most challenging and rewarding woodworking project to date. I really needed an outfeed table, and it needed to have a lot of storage. This is the design I came up with after doing a lot of research and reviews of other similar projects. I took a lot of inspiration from Mark S. (The Wood Whisperer).
Here is a list of the basic elements of the design:
- 2×4 base on hidden casters with Heavy Duty Levelers (Once the levelers are lowered the casters come up off the ground)
- 3” Torsion Box Top from 3/4” MDF with 1/2” MDF internal grid structure (Photo 4)
- 3/4” Plywood cabinets and drawers with full extension slides
- Compressor storage cabinet with internal air line and switch (Photo 5)
- Clearance for contractor saw motor when raised full height and at 45 degrees (Photo 6)
- MDF Cabinet doors and drawer fronts, painted similar to Delta blue/gray
I am excited to be done with this project, and I am ready to move onto the next one.