|Project by Walnut_Weasel||posted 03-26-2012 08:36 PM||2489 views||1 time favorited||7 comments|
Here is the most recent project I have finished. The background is maple, the wings are black palm, the head is end-grain black palm, and the body is leopard wood. The border is purchased pre-made banding. The finish is super blonde shellac sanded to 600 grit then followed with steel wool and a thin coat of clear wax.
This is the first time I have tried freehand inlay and sand shading. Although I was able to get a nice fit on the inlay with a few tiny gaps, I still need to practice my sand shading! I am very proud of how well it turned out! Now to just find a place to hang it…
-- James - www.walnutweasel.wordpress.com