|Project by Milo||posted 03-16-2012 10:07 PM||3404 views||3 times favorited||12 comments|
Excuse me, that’s Frahnkindooster! ;-)
Ok, here’s Frankenduster, the illegitimate stepchild of Lumberjock memLance’s much more successfully designed “Converted HF DC” from a couple of months ago. His project can be found at:
The reason I made Frankenduster was I had already made a Thien separator last year, and it worked fairly decently. I just had tubes running all around the shops, and that affected the cyclonic action of the separator. When I saw Lance’s project, I thought it might work for me. I liked the idea of moving the separator to the machine. Less distance for the suction to travel.
btw, the connection between the motor and separator is not in these pictures.
MISTAKES I MADE.
I didn’t think about the output from the DC motor properly. I had the local metal shop guys weld a mount on the motor for me. The problem is I didn’t think ahead to make sure that the alignment from the motor to the dust bags was STRAIGHT. So it has those two crazy 45 degree angles in it.
I LUCKED OUT with the mount. Again, I didn’t plan proper and didn’t explain EXACTLY what I wanted from the metal shop guys. I thought I had explained I wanted two brackets made to go on. Unfortunately, the fellow who did the actual work only heard “4×4” post because I was going to use some 4×4s I had for the mounting frame. Ugh. Luckily the mount worked out properly, and made for the fortuitous use of the extra 4×4 to place the motor over the separator a little better.
I may have to add extra supports over motor and dust bag holder later.
And it rolls crummy…
So, BEHOLD, FRANKENDUSTER!
May your projects turn out better then mine… (and that won’t take a lot of work, believe me… ;)
-- Beer, Beer, Thank God for Beer. It's my way of keeping my mind fresh and clear...