ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL PROJECT, HOWEVER UTILIZING GREEN WOOD ALWAYS CREATES PROBLEMS IN DRYING AND SHRINKING. Started the project from a green piece of Pecan that we cut from a live Pecan tree. I did cover both ends with wax to aleviate immediate cracking, however, during the turning process the little crack opened up to a major crack. In order to hold it together I filled the crack with epoxy. The lid was a very snug fit until the crack occured which opened the box to a point that the lid fits very loose. The wooden ring holder also cracked along the base. I will be trying this later utilizing dry wood. The picture #4 shows the sginificate grain change in the wood which is pretty neat. If it wasn’t for the cracking this would have been a very attractive project.