|Project by nbeaver||posted 03-08-2012 12:43 AM||2048 views||6 times favorited||3 comments|
I saw a chair similar to this posted a while back. I was very interested in the chair and decided to try and make one. I searched every where for a plan that was similar and finally found one for a folding beach chair that was similar. This is the first proto type that I completed and was fairly pleased with. I only used 1×3 and 1×2 furring strips to keep the cost down since there were 2 failed attempts but it still did not come out to bad. There were only minor changes made to the plan I found. I did not space the slats on the seat like the one I saw posted earlier just to see if it would set a little better than the chairs with cloth and it seems really comfortable to me. The true test will come ina few days whenthe wife gets home and trys it out. If it passes her inspection I planon a few more for the deck and possibly the parents and inlaws deck too.