|Project by Tara Burkey||posted 03-05-2012 07:35 PM||1002 views||1 time favorited||2 comments|
The isn’t finsihed yet. I had to wait for my teacher to get the top and sides lasered. Been having to work on another project and haven’t had time yet to finish this. So I still have to stain and put a poly coat on it, and obvisouly put it together.
I used Cherry wood and plan on using a stain that is an ‘Englsih Chestnut 233’ color. I’ll probably stick with a stain poly coat.
I started with (obviously)choosing my material. I like the cherry grain pattern, so I decided to go with that. I got all my pieces rough and exact cut. Then, using biscut jointers and glue i put my 3 pieces of wood for my top together. After i sande that up a bit i routed everything—some places weren’t though. After that I cut my desgin out of my legs and then sanded everything. And waited for my instructor to get my sides and top lasered. When i can, I’ll apply my stain and polyeurathane and then cut pocet holes so i can assemble it.