|Project by duelly||posted 03-23-2008 07:36 PM||1176 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
This clock took me about a week to do. Every angle is cut to 18 degrees which I though was pretty neat. after cutting all the pieces it was time to assemble this for the first time. I started out by laying each piece down and fitting them together. I then took the bottom and top cross pieces and rabbitted the back to have the center angled plywood piece fit into place. I took the piece of 1/4” finished plywood and cut a 3-1/2” hole in the center for the clockworks to go. Then I inverted the very top piece of the clock to an upside down position and then after the first fit everything lined up pretty good. Then after that I took each piece and stained them with a red oak satin then a couple coats of a satin low gloss clear finish. Then the next morning after everything had dried I fastened everything together with yellow carpenters glue. Then I installed the Pendulum Clockworks, put in the battery and its been swinging every since. I just need a better picture with my other camera. I like them better when there taken outside but, it was snowing to hard for that to happen. Spring is here so hopefully I can get everything that I have done this winter out for a blue sky shot. The pictures really looks better on a sunny day. Lot of catching up to do on these pictures. The demensions are 11-1/2” W X 4” D X 11” H.
-- duelly in Perry, NY