|Project by DonB||posted 03-03-2012 02:34 PM||1090 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
I found a picture of this cross in a mag. I had to run it through a Xerox a few times to get what I thought was the “real” size. Then measured all the crosses and make a pattern that was about 1/4” smaller than the previous cross. The back and base are 3/4 solid oak while the smaller crosses are oak plywood. I had a very hard time cutting the smaller crosses as the plywood oak wanted to chip, split and crack. I tried a coping saw and going slow on the jig saw. Ended up using a metal cutting blade (fine) in the jig saw, which worked. I made about six of these for family and friends. Probably the most difficult project I’ve done. A band saw would probably have helped a bunch.