|Project by dingle||posted 03-01-2012 05:25 AM||800 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
This project is a lidded container, the first lidded container I have completed. The tainpicture #1 is a photo of the very best side of this container, the #2 picture is of the side that is revealing a tremendous crack that continues to enlarge everyday. The #3 picture is the bottom of the container which is revealing a hole that ants came out of while I was turning this piece. The #4 picture is the interior of the container that also froreveals the hole in the bottom. This hole ran from the bottom of the container through the lid. The photo #5 is the top of the lid which also reveals the hole. Photo #6 is the interior of the lid which reveals the interior of the lid and the prominent hole. I will be attempting to fill the crack with sometype of wood filler. My LJ friend has suggested a tinted crayon type wood filler. This container was turned from a piece of Osage Orange I got from a friend who works for a power company on the tree trimming crew. I finished this container with triple EEE and Shelawax.
Like the few projects I have completed to date I continue to learn on each project. I was pleased with the outcome of this container and the fit of the lid.