|Project by Box||posted 886 days ago||3693 views||25 times favorited||54 comments|
This is the BloodRose box…I completed this week for my upcoming shows in March and May.
I called this BloodRose because of the Rosewood I used for the 4 sides and the Bloodwood used for the knob. I had a hard time deciding whether to use Rosewood for the top…but I would have needed to glue 2 pieces together to get a wide enough piece..and when I kept putting 2 pieces next to each other I didn’t particularly like the matchup of the grain patterns…so I ended up using a piece of Cocobolo and I am glad I did. My first thought was that the top looks like it has a light shining through it..as if were a lamp shade
I this box made in my new 5’x8’ section of the shop that I enclosed to hopefully keep the dust from covering every nook and cranny of my workshop… and it really seems to work great. I have my downdraft table hooked to my dust collector and also have 3 squirrel cage motors with filters that suck dust out of the air. And it reaaly cleans the air instantly. I use to see so much dust floating in the air while sculpting…and it was really noticable in the sunlight rays coming in the window. Now, the filters clear the air so quickly that I am amazed.