|Project by ETwoodworks||posted 02-23-2012 07:47 PM||2334 views||1 time favorited||13 comments|
First thing we have to say is we hate working with puprleheart. But we will have to again since we got about 150bf for $100 last fall.
The legs were turned freehand on my cheep grizzly lathe (took only 9 tries). The handle was carved out using a dremel multi-max and a spindle sander.
The skirting is atatched with M&T. The top miters are pinned with red oak dowell as well as the handle. The top is atached with pocket screws. We used solid 1/4” purpleheart for the drawer botton and then added purpleheart inlays in the drawer slides for good measure LOL. It is finished with Deft gloss waterborne acrylic. This was a fun build and a good learning experiance (first turned legs, first spray finish, and first time working with PH)
Thanks for looking. Any critique is welcome.
-- Building quality in a throw away world.