|Project by SisQMark||posted 02-21-2012 12:38 AM||1167 views||3 times favorited||9 comments|
This is my butterfly epoxy experiment finally complete. I made this out of a piece of bloodwood that was cupped. I couldn’t use it for a box so I found another use for it here. I haven’t ever seen anything like this so I decided to experiment with my epoxy to try something new. I cut out the inside of my design with my scroll saw, filed & sanded until I was satisfied. I filed it with epoxy, glitter & some different little designs. When it was cured I cut out the outside of the design & coated the whole thing in epoxy. This is a hanging window ornament, it measures 4 1/2” at its widest point, 4” tall & 3/8” thick. Anyone interested in how this was made can check out my blog on this titled “My Epoxy Experiment”. Thank you for taking the time to check out my project. It was fun to make & a learning experience for me. Have a good day all.
-- Don't waste today, it is yesterdays tomorrow!~SisQMark