|Project by dirtylantz||posted 02-20-2012 04:39 PM||759 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This is the recipe box that I made for my wife for “Christmas.” Punctuation due to the fact that it was not completed in time for Christmas. In trying to complete this seemingly simple project in a couple of days I ran into several ridiculous issues that I was too stressed out to figure out. I ran into sloppy mitre joints, a sloppy dadoe, and in frustration, put the project on hold. To compensate for the sloppy mitre joints, I burnished and rounded the corners with my Dremel. Originally, the dado for the bottom was made with a 1/4in straight router bit. The bit was much straighter than the dado that I made. After thinking about for longer than it should have taken, I went back over the dado with my table saw and cleaned it right up. Also I learned that a good stain job can hide many errors. Also learned to make sure that ALL glue is kept where it needs to be as stain doesn’t stain glue. Anyhow, It turned out pretty good in the end, but not as good as the next one will be.
So, without further adeiu, Recipe box with bonus card holder (to keep the egg and oil off the cards) made from poplar with gunstock poly-u.
-- "If one man can do it, another man can"