|Project by Metrotek||posted 02-20-2012 05:41 AM||3825 views||18 times favorited||15 comments|
My little circle sander doesn’t look as nice as you guys could make it but it works great. I saw a similar one on a site and I re-engineered to accommodate the materials that I can afford and tools that I have. For one thing, the other one used a c-clamp and block as a stop on the sliding piece and I made a wooden clamp with wing nuts as a stop.
Since I don’t have a lot of money because I am dying supposedly of fourth stage liver failure, I don’t have all of the tools that I need, e.g. dowel threaders, sizers, dado saws, a full complement of router bits, etc.; I just engineer around my deficiencies to compensate for this.
I’m going to replace the wing-nuts on the clamp with wooden knobs as soon as I can make them. I have a wrench for the wing-nuts right now which is just a piece of wood with a kerf cut into it because the wing-nuts tear ones hands up.
I’m starting on and indexing table tomorrow to facilitate making gears. I make on before and it worked great. I started with a sprocket which is accurately machined and translate this into wood for the dividing plates(s).
-- “Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe