|Project by millzit||posted 02-16-2012 01:28 PM||1097 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
I actually made the box in pics 2,3,4 first. My homemade box joint jig had gotten ‘outta whack’. The further I went in making the joint, the further off it was. In other words, I couldn’t ‘flip’ the piece and get the joints to match up. I had the idea of making a box where you couldn’t tell which was the bottom or top. That came out ok, but I always leave the joints a little proud for sanding purposes…..then, I got the idea of making the joint proud on purpose with a little more definition, hence the project in pic #1. The stock is milled to 1/4” and the box joint is 1/8” proud. The material is American Chestnut and projects are unfinished in these pics. Projects are now finished and in some friends home, not sure who.
-- .......now cut that out!