|Project by Kayvon||posted 02-16-2012 04:13 AM||1138 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
I found the wood for this at the local mulch site, my favorite place to “shop” for project wood. It was a bulged out part of a branch that I was hoping would be a nice burl. I have no idea as to species. It turned out to not have alot of character but tons of rotten, wet, buggy slop inside it. A huge larvae of some sort came shooting out of it at one point and landed right on my shoulder. Not being one to give up I kept turning. I stopped to check my work and when I pushed on a spot on the side that looked a little punky it fell right out. Again, I kept plugging along and I ended up with a bowl that won’t hold a darn thing but looks good on a shelf. i couldn’t have designed it if I tried but the bugs and rot did a fair job on it.