|Project by tyvekboy||posted 02-15-2012 07:35 PM||8449 views||18 times favorited||13 comments|
Feb 16, 2012
Thought Iʻd share my cyclone dust collector set up.
A friend of mine gave me this cyclone that worked well with a 1 hp dust collector but I got a 1-1/2 HP dust collector that sucks better so I moved the cyclone part to it. I had no way of supporting the cyclone part so I designed this rig in Sketch-UP.
It features a holder for the top part of the cyclone that sits over a trash can. A foot bar is depressed to raise the top part off the trash can and locks hold it in place so I can remove and empty the trash can.
I have 2 Dust-Right hoses attached to it. One goes to the machines and one goes to the dust collector. There is enough hose to reach every corner of my shop. The assembly is on casters.
Hope this gives you some ideas on what you can do with dust collection.
1. Shows left side of rig.
2. Shows right side and dust collector in background.
3. Foot bar that raises upper part of cyclone off of trash can.
4. Lock that holds upper part while trash can is emptied.
5. Trash can removed. Shows the linkage to foot bar and sliding upper part.
6. Picture of dust collector running with upper part locked in place. There is sufficient SUCK to hold the trash can up in the air.
Thanks for looking. Comments welcomed. Have a good day.
-- Tyvekboy -- Marietta, GA ………….. one can never be too organized