|Project by Mark A. DeCou||posted 02-09-2012 01:31 PM||5333 views||1 time favorited||9 comments|
This is a custom made knife, used for hunting, skinning, or just around the kitchen or shop.
The blade is Damascus Steel, that has been chemically etched to show the metal layering.
The blade hand guard is also Damascus Steel
The Handguard has been made from solid brass, cut and filed from plate material.
The handle material is from a Sitka Deer Crown Section Shed Antler.
The End of the handle is capped with a solid, authentic Arizona Turquoise Stone Nugget, with Fools Gold (Iron Pyrite) inclusions which make it really interesting. I have drilled and attached the stone nugget to the handle with a brass rod and epoxy so that it will be very durable and won’t break off.
Blade is 2.5” long and 11/16” wide and 3/32” thick
Handle: is 4-5/16” long from the top of the hand guard 1-1/8” wide and 3/4” thick
If you like knives, here are some other LJ project postings of knives I have built:Damascus Steel Hunting Knives:
- Elk Antler with Turquoise Nugget Custom Knife
- Large Damascus Steel Blade Custom Knife with Antler, Turquoise and Brass
- Custom Hunting Knife with Elk Shed Antler Handle, Ivory, Scrimshaw, and Hand-forged Damascus Blade
- Custom Knife with Damascus Steel Blade & Whitetail Deer Shed Antler
- Custom Art Knives, set of three with Damascus Steel Blades and Scrimshaw artwork
- Elk Antler & Fossilized Walrus Six (6) Piece Steak Knife set in a box
- Elk Antler & Scrimshaw Steak Knives for the Gold Bar Dining Room in Las Vegas
- Deer Crown Antler Steak Knife Set and Box with Turquoise Inlay
- Custom Folding Knife with Zebra Wood, Abalone, and Scrimshaw Ready
- Custom Folding Knife: Elk Antler Handle, Turquoise Stone, Abalone, Nautical Scrimshaw Artwork
- Custom Folding Knife with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
- Commemorative Bowie Knife with Whitetail Deer Shed Antler Handle for a Retiring Navy Seal Veteran
- A Young Soldier's Commemorative Hunting Knife, with Elk Antler Handle and Scrimshaw Artwork
- Custom Hunting Knife with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
- Custom Deep Cut Skinner Hunting Knife with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
- Skinning Knife, with Gut Hook, Elk Natural Shed Antler Handle
- Custom Knife; Frontier Bowie with Elk Naturally Shed Antler Handle
Here is my website page with knives:
Mark DeCou Studio Knife Page Website
(Note: All photos, project design, and text is protected by copyright 2007-2012 by the author M.A. DeCou, all rights reserved, no unauthorized use of this material in whole, or part is allowed without expressed written permission.)
Thanks for looking,
-- Mark DeCou - American Contemporary Craft Artisan - www.decoustudio.com