|Project by zlatanv||posted 02-07-2012 07:41 AM||2525 views||10 times favorited||5 comments|
It was about time for and upgrade for my dust collector, the original collector, pic 1 & 2, did pretty well, it have a small cartridge filter hanging off the side, it did tend to fill up and clog up often.
I followed the plan by Lance but made some modifications. Instead of routing out the bottom to sit on the rim of the can, I cut out the can lid and screwed and puttied it with air duct sealer to the bottom of the separator. I put some foam tape on the edge of the lid to keep it tight. The motor I had fit right on top of the separator. I dumped out what I had in the can and in the filter which was pretty clogged, cleaned out the filter cartridge really good, and started picking it up, did very nicely, only some small mdf dust had entered the filter. Overall I would say it kept my filter 99% cleaner. Very happy with it.
-- Z, Rockwall, TX