|Project by scrollingmom||posted 763 days ago||752 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
This was a piece that I did awhile back. The foxes are made of Walnut. The cuts are small enough that the picture gets lost in all the dark color of the Walnut. So I kept it around for awhile until I found a piece to use as a base. Even though the base is still Walnut I used the outer edge for the contrast. The bottom is dark, but the top next to the foxes is light.
The pattern is from Marilyn Carmin and I changed it just a little. There are two pieces, one and each end that I cut out made them raised to give the picture more depth. Hope you can see it in the pictures I took.
The base measures 19 18” long x 5-6” wide, one end is wider than the other, 3/4” thick. The foxes themselves are 18 3/8” long x 7” high x 3/4”.
The finish is a soak in Watkins Danish Oil and then a light coat of semi-gloss poly on the foxes and a coat of gloss poly on the base.
-- Kelly, Allen,KS