|Project by GlennsGrandson||posted 02-03-2012 11:59 PM||2473 views||0 times favorited||10 comments|
My first zero clearance plate for my old TS made of plexiglass, difficult to do due to a not flush surface underneath. A lot of routering. The old plate is the red one laying to the left.
Pictures two and three are of your typical bench vise. My cousin bought it for $1 at a garage sale for me. If any of you are like me you may use your shop for things other than woodworking. I never wanted to mount it anywhere due to the fear of it getting in my way. So I grabbed a scrap 3/4 piece of oak, cut it down, bought 5/8 oak dowel, ran the dowel over my TS with the blade barely up four times to get some dowel like grooves in it for the glue. Drilled my holes and pushed a longer than needed dowel through each hole with glue, let sit, cut off with flush cut saw and sanded. Tapered the bench end of the dowels so they could find there way home easier. To drill the holes I measured for the first two and then took a small piece of dowel and tapped a brad nail into the center of it and snipped it off, I put that in the corresponding hole that needed to be drilled and used it to mark where the next hole would go, just like doweling two boards together with a metal dowel marker. The vise has small lag bolts holding it on to the piece of wood. Surprisingly sturdy. Now I can have my vise when needed and my bench also.
The fourth picture is of a simple board I mounted on the back of my bench for clamp storage, easy enough.
The fifth and sixth pictures (sorry they’re 90 degrees off) are of my 5’ light above my wall mounted bench, I used scrap pine ran through my TS for two blade widths and then tied a couple loops on each piece of parachute cord with a D-clip. Now if I’m working on details or finishing and need more light I can simply unclip the D-clip and move it to a different loop which lowers my light closer to the bench surface.
Thanks for looking
-- Grant - S/N Dakota