|Project by Dex||posted 01-30-2012 06:42 AM||952 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
Well, this is my 2nd attempt at a segmented bowl. My 1st attempt ended up in the garbage, unfortunately. I glued the pieces too far apart, and it just disintegrated while turning… but I digress….
This one made it off the lathe in one piece! I used a beautiful slab curly maple that I got on sale for the segmented top, and the bottom is one block of cherry.
You can’t see it that well, yet, but I also added cherry plugs randomly to the main body of the turning. It’s my hope that once the cherry gets some sun, it will darken and add a nice contrast to the piece.
This is also the first time I have named a piece….See Spot Turn…(for the cherry plugs I added). I find the name to be pretty “punny”, hope you do too!
-- If it ain't country, it ain't music!