|Project by Trev_Batstone||posted 779 days ago||5978 views||7 times favorited||23 comments|
Today I built this table saw sled for my new Ryobi table saw. As you can see in photo #3, the mitre slots on this saw have an upper holding ledge on the top of the mitre slots, thus I had to make small rabbit cuts on my wooden rails for the sled. I got them (rails) perfected and fitting nicely. The sled was made with available materials on hand. The bottom is 3/4” MDF. The front and rear verticals were glued and screwed to the bed, and a couple of cross slats attached for added securement to the sled. I dowelled and glued a safety stop block to the outer rear vertical board (Photo #2). The bottom of the wooden rails have been waxed with candle wax and the sled slides nicely without any side wobble or slack, and the front board rail is truley square to the blade. I had full intentions of routing a T-slot to add a stop block for materials, but my dementia set in during the construction, and I already had the vertical board glued to the bed before I realized that I forgot to rout the T-slot, however, clamping a stop block for cutting any identical length pieces of stock will suffice. Hopefully I will be giving the sled a workout tomorrow.
-- LIVE, LAUGH, CUT WOOD.