|Project by donaldcox||posted 01-22-2012 03:54 AM||1277 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
A puppet theater I built for my daughter. The body was stained with a red gel stain. The curtains were my first sewing project, a strange addition to woodworking. I installed a disco ball on an adjustable dowel so it can be front and center or out of sight. Stage area incorporates both front and both side panels. Elmo to zebra, all levels of puppeteering welcome.
Inspired by my daughter’s fascination with puppets and my search for nerdy was to entertain her. For safety, I installed to corbels in the front resisting forward movement. Furthermore, two smaller, yet heavier corbels were dadoed and installed as footers at the back of the side panels. The lower 1/3 of the theater has most of the weight making it sturdy, even with little one hanging on side and pushing from the puppeteering side.