|Project by DiakosUCF||posted 01-19-2012 04:17 PM||1731 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
I made this end table this weekend out of the leftover pieces from the nightstands I made earlier along with some oak that a neighbor gave me. Oak legs, cherry aprons, camphor burl veneer top with walnut trim. I tapered the legs from 1 3/8” square at the top to 5/8” square at the bottom. This is the first time I have tapered anything and definitely need to come up with a better jig. Using double sided tape and sticking the legs to another board probably isn’t the safest way to go. The front face of the drawer and apron are cut from the same piece so that the grain continues across the drawer face. That is my first time trying something like that and I think it came out alright. Finished in my usually way…2 coats shellac, 2 coats tung oil, one of poly and then waxed and buffed. Feel free to critique. Thanks.