|Project by jaykaypur||posted 01-18-2012 11:14 PM||1128 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
This was the most tedious box I have built so far. The box itself was no problem but the handle on the lid was tricky….for me. It probably took me, on and off, about 2 hours to put together the lid and handle until it was one piece.. I kept tweaking here and tweaking there and moving it this way and moving it that way and finally I just said———-GLUE IT!
The box measures 13’‘L x 3 1/2’‘W x 5’’ tall. Again, it was made out of the scraps left over from the 18’’ piece I cut earlier for the spice rack. The handle “pieces” were just laying on the floor and just seemed to be SCREAMING…’use us as a handle.’ So I did. LOL I used 4 coats of Danish oil on all of it and rubbed it down quite a bit. I still want to take some steel wool to it and get it a little bit smoother.
I learned a lot in building this simple little box especially the staging of the glue-ups and then applying finish. Being a newbie, I pondered quite a bit several times while trying to postion and then glue the handle to the top. All in all, I am pleased with it.
This will be donated to a disater relief aution that will be held this Spring in central Virginia.
Thanks for looking.
-- Use it up, Wear it out --------------- Make it do, Or do without!