|Project by KWDRIVER||posted 01-16-2012 05:40 AM||1504 views||1 time favorited||5 comments|
I have been a member for a while and I always find some time to look at everyone else’s projects but due to deployments I haven’t been able to post any of mine. Ive been back in the states for a few weeks now and the wife wanted a new bathroom cabinet but instead of buying a new one we decided to give the old one a facelift. The original ones were made of a solid wood carcass and plywood doors ( kind of backwards ) which were original to the house. One not to waste any wood I decided to keep the carcass and I built new doors from some southern yellow pine and MDF I had laying around. The top moulding was left over from another project and the bottom trim moulding I made with my router. I sprayed the cabinet with latex paint and added some glaze to give it that antique look that the wife loves. I believe that I spent about 30-40 bucks on the whole project but the best thing is having something that you personally put together.