|Project by ChuckV||posted 01-12-2012 03:16 PM||3016 views||7 times favorited||27 comments|
One of my favorite scenes in the movie This Is Spinal Tap involves a confusion between inches and feet that leads to a miniature stage prop. This is kind of the opposite of that. I now own a very large half-worn-out pencil and a stick match.
In the style of an LJ review, here are my findings.
- I will be surprised if I misplace it in my shop.
- I do not find myself chewing on it.
- I have a hard time holding it behind my ear.
- It is awkward to use for marking dovetails.
- It is easy to overdo it with the eraser.
- This is the perfect wood stove fire starter. It is a match and kindling in one.
- It would probably be useful for signaling search aircraft if lost in the wilderness.
- I don’t smoke, but I imagine that there could be a danger using it to light a cigarette.
- It would be cumbersome to take hiking.
- I do not recommend the “light it on your fly” trick (don’t ask why I say that).
-- “That it will never come again / Is what makes life so sweet. ” ― Emily Dickinson