|Project by Condor1||posted 835 days ago||696 views||1 time favorited||1 comment|
Here are three of the nine candlestick holders I made for friends and relatives this X-mas. The six not shown were from Walnut. The first 3 photos are of one I made from a piece of mystery wood from the fireplace wood-pile. I noticed it had good color and was worm-wood, so I decided to turn it. I think it was a good save. A little something I do to date my work and bring good luck to the owner of a piece is to drill a shallow 3/4” hole in the bottom and Epoxy in a penny. I also insert a piece of 3/4” copper tubing into the lifting ring and split and insert another piece of copper tubing into the candle holder (drilled out and opened up to 7/8”). I just like the way it looks and it blends with the penney. Number two is Cherry and number three is Red Oak (firewood pile). Thanks for looking.
-- There are times when a mistake is remembered as your best work.