|Project by Tim Dahn||posted 01-02-2012 09:26 PM||3162 views||14 times favorited||34 comments|
Over the last nine months in between work, lawn mowing, other projects, etc. I would spend an hour or two here and there working on this chair. I was beginning to think it was going to be a permanent fixture in the shop but with the changing of the seasons I have been able to devote more time and finished it on New Years evening.
I used (and recommend) the Hal Taylor plan, book and video, very informative and comprehensive, Hal was just an email or phone call away when needed.
I made changes to the headrest, arm shape and rocker tails to suit my own taste, my goal was to give it a little more maloof look.
The finish is a mixture of: 1/3 boiled linseed oil, 1/3 Cabots satin polyurethane. 1/3 mineral spirits, I used two coats then waxed.
Overall this has been most challenging and satisfying woodworking project to date.
-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.