|Project by jtworkshop||posted 12-29-2011 05:42 PM||1085 views||6 times favorited||3 comments|
This was a reasonably easy project to complete. I found the base of the rocker abandoned, with the seat and back both ruined, so I removed them and the arms of the rocker first. From that point on it was a matter of cutting the seat pieces to the right width, which actually narrows as you move from the seat to the top of the back by quite a bit. Once I had that mocked up, I shaped the ends of each piece so it wouldn’t have such a rough look on the ends, and touched up the base.
I used discarded/scrap lumber for this, and achieved the colors with:
1. Black paint, watered down and then wiped off quickly
2. Coffee based stain that I made at home.
3. Walnut colored stain
I also left some pieces natural, then after assembly, finished the project with Ruelle’s liquid wax. Love how easy that product is to use. Rocker came out strong and actually is very comfortable.