|Project by maverick1014||posted 12-20-2011 06:29 AM||1159 views||3 times favorited||2 comments|
Loosely based on a lattice style headboard my girlfriend saw at some furniture store, I figured weaving some strips would make a helluva lot more interesting project. I made a mock up using hemlock, and it worked good, so used that to start the actual one. By the time you get three quarters of the way done, the weaving gets a lot more difficult, and pieces start snapping under pressure. I didnt want to steam or soak the strips because i knew the edges would get chewed up while weaving, so i found some clear pine to make new strips from, and had no problems with them. Its actually a pretty cool headboard.