|Project by Bob Collins||posted 12-16-2011 10:26 AM||2052 views||0 times favorited||12 comments|
This is my first try and using plywood and perspex. Finding a glue that would bind perspex together and then to plywood was trial and error, first epoxy, CA glue, areldite and others I tried didn’t hold once on the lathe.
I used a polyurathene based glue on this one, a very messy process but sure did the job.
The finish on this bowl is not as good as I want and it will go back on the lathe after the holdiays when hopefully I will purchase a sharp scraping tool suitable for perspex and later corian. Have two more bowls gluing up at the moment with the perspex going in different directions. Damn great fun trying something new.
Enjoy and a Merry Christmas to all LJ’s.
-- Bob C, Australia. I love sharing as long as it is not my tools