|Project by Jim Jakosh||posted 12-13-2011 05:41 PM||3809 views||6 times favorited||18 comments|
The first one is a rack to hold caulking tubes out of my way but still visible. I made it with two pieces of scrap plywood and some pine spacers and screwed it between the floor joists. The ceiling is low in that part of the shop so I can reach it. My grand daughter calls it “ceiling sealer”. This is the start of organizing my paint room.
The second project is the lid for my Dust Deputy. I wanted more than 5 gallons and LJ Bladebender was throwing out this rolling garbage can because the plastic wheels were broken. I made new wooden wheels for it and made them wider for stability. Then I had to add two rings inside the barrel because the Vac would suck it in so bad. It keeps the filter and the inside of the vac sparkling clean and it holds 6 times the volume.
The third project extends the height of my spindle sander. I have a 4 1/2” Ryobi sander and I sometimes need more height. I did not want to buy a bigger machine because 95% of the time I don’t use the height I have now.
I bought a replacement 3/4” sleeve from Grizzly and asked if they had longer ones. I order a 2” one that was 5 1/2” long with a 5/8” hole in it. I made a 5/8 to 1/2 sleeve for the center and an extended nut for the top and now it goes higher for the rare occasions that I need it.
-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!! Variety is the Spice of Life!!