|Project by TheDane||posted 825 days ago||3400 views||11 times favorited||9 comments|
I took on a pretty good-sized commitment to turn 25 pens for the Freedom Pens Project, and needed a pen blank drilling jig.
I took one of the wooden clamps that seldom get used, cut a 45-degree ‘V’ in each jaw, and mounted it on a scrap of plywood. The corner of each ‘V’ has a tunnel to prevent chip/sawdust buildup that would throw the alignment off, and I cut a dado in the plywood to allow for a replaceable hardboard backer to keep the bit from blowing out the end grain.
Works pretty good!
-- Gerry -- "I don't plan to ever really grow up ... I'm just going to learn how to act in public!"