|Project by baldeaglebaby||posted 12-05-2011 06:53 AM||5744 views||6 times favorited||7 comments|
This is an oak hope chest I built for my new neice coming later this month. I got the plans from Fine WoodWorking and modified them like we all like to do. Most of the oak is recycled from a pallet I got from work(the oak top and oak plywood panels are the exceptions). I used torsion hinges from Woodcraft so no fingers could get hurt. The finish is water based stain and water based poly sprayed on with my hvlp. This is my first time with water based poly and I am very impressed. The dry times were much faster than with oil based, even in my cold garage.