|Project by Betsy||posted 11-23-2011 03:18 AM||1094 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
If you have followed my most recent blog—- you’ll recognize the fire engine.
A local hospital puts on a safety program for little kids. They had this old, as an made before Moses, foam fire engine that they used. They wanted something new and a little more durable. So I used the old foam engine as a pattern and made a plywood engine. It’s made from 1/4 ply and was made in three parts. The parts are held together with 2x material with three carriage bolts on the back. I also added 2 ropes onto the back that they use to carry the engine across the stage as they act out their program. I honestly didn’t think it would turn out this good. Before the paint it didn’t look all that good, but a little paint in the right hands can make plywood look pretty good.
Not too bad for my first project back in the shop!
Thanks for looking.
-- Like a bad penny, I keep coming back!