|Project by dingle||posted 11-21-2011 03:17 AM||1505 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
This project started out as a cup, however due to severe cracking in the end that was going to be hollowed out I decided to use it as a wood mallet to utilize to pound raw wood onto my lathe. I found the wood along a Street that had been cut off a very large tree. I am not sure what variety of wood it is but it was very very green when i started turning it and I thought I was taking a shower in the beginning. As a beginner I am learning a lot but still not very good with identifing wood varieties. I am seeking some type of publication that will help in identifing wood by bark, etc.
I finished this piece with Walnut stain and Minwax Polyurethane Clear Gloss.