|Project by JL7||posted 11-20-2011 at 03:03 PM||1801 views||6 times favorited||15 comments|
And….how not to build it….
This is for a coworker, made from Yellowheart and Walnut, with a Maple (edge grain) border.
Before starting, my goal was to improve the alightment of the stripes over some of my previous efforts…..not the case. The mistake was using the band saw to cut the blanks between the first and second glueup. I was trying to save the waste from the table saw kerf…..
Not realizing the error at the time I cut them up and they were tapered a bit which made for a mis-match between the top and bottom of the board (pic 5) – and also creating a bit of a radius on the stripes (curved not straight)....oops. Live and learn.
So Lazy Larry, let me have it…........
We’ll see tomorrow if he still wants it not…...
Pic 6 is without the mineral oil.
That said, it should still serve it’s intended purpose, and like all my projects a learned as well…........
Thanks for looking.
-- Jeff - I have not failed. I've just found 10,002 ways that won't work.