|Project by jeepersparky||posted 11-11-2011 01:43 AM||2259 views||6 times favorited||12 comments|
My Daughter asked me to build a walnut table for her. She showed a design she liked and I slightly modified it.
I decided to try a border with cherry inlay (first time with inlay). I decided to work with all the knots as it shows some beautiful grain. Where the knots were cracking i used a 2 part epoxy bought at my local woodcraft store to help bond and fill them. All was going good until I sprayed my first coat of laquer. I had a bad reaction with the epoxy and the laquer. I was horrifed. I probably spent an additional 50 hrs. (or so it seems) because of this. The lesson i learned is to always test a piece out when it comes to mixing different materials together. Glad to have finished this.